Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Favorite Runs (Part 1)

Tonight I ran one of my favorite runs. I call this run Woods>Fairview(2)>Woods, meaning that I run down Belden to Woods, run 2 laps around Fairview Park and then run back down Woods to Belden. Here is a map:



Here are some of the pros & cons of this run:

Pros:
1. Fairview Park is a great place to run. It is very close to where we live, has lights so you don't break an ankle and it has a good blend of up & down hill sections. During the summer months you can utilize the swimming pool & the awesome snow cone stand!
2. You get to run by MG's not once...but twice! I can almost taste the grease as I run by and I am pretty sure that I gain several pounds just from breathing in the awesome smell, but it gives me a burst of energy just when I need it.
3. This run is just under 6 miles, so it can be done in about an hour. This makes it a perfect run for a lunch hour or after work if you need to get home before the Ranger game starts at 7:05.

Cons:
1. Every now & then (just like tonight) you run into wild dogs that have somehow escaped captivity. It is amazing how fast you can run with 2 dogs nipping at your heels for 2 miles!
2. The water fountains around the park do not work. I learned this the hard way when I was finishing a run in the park & almost passed out due to dehydration. Luckily, I have not had to utilize the bathroom facilities, but I would venture to guess that they are in the same condition.
3. It is always a good idea to see if anyone is up to bat as you pass the softball fields.
4. Dog poop...enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment